CASTLECLIFF SOUTHWEST: AVIAN PENDANT IN BLUE
c. early 1970's
A stunning mash up of Natural History Museum Artifacts, this pendant is part of CASTLECLIFF's 1970's Southwest Series, a collection filled with Native American figural elements, feather imagery and brilliantly colored poured glass stones. Designed by the prolific Lawrence (Larry) Vrba, this collection is rare and highly sought after. and was designed and manufactured in NYC.
This Singular Pendant Features One Large Glass Stone Set Below Two Detailed Figural Birds, All Surrounded by Blue and White Navette Stones.
- Pendant is Approximately 3.75" Wide and 2.25" Wide
- Approx. 30" Long Gold Plated Rope Chain with Lobster Clasp Closure
- Featuring One Poured Glass Stones in Deep Lapis Blue
- Bright 'Feather' Navettes Alternate in Blue and White
- Russian Gold Plating in Excellent Condition
- Signed CASTLECLIFF at Back of Pendant
*Original Sketch of this piece as seen in 1970's B. Altman Advertisement from The New York Times*
VINTAGE FINDS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE
UNIQUE AND ONE OF A KIND FINDS FROM DECADES PAST, COLLECTED &. CURATED OVER THE YEARS AT ESTATE SALES, FLEA MARKETS AND ANTIQUE STORES THROUGHOUT OUR TRAVELS.